RTCM3 support

I am using Skydel GSG-7 for GNSS simulation.As i can see in the receiver section skydel can parse specific NMEA 0183 v4.1 sentences. My question is can it also parse RTCM3 data and can it also decode MSM7 messages?

Hi @mac21,

The Receiver tab in Skydel only parses NMEA sentences, it’s only used to update Skydel’s User Interfaces.

It is used for:

• the PVT information in the Receiver tab
  • the satellite’s CN/0 in the Constellations tab
  • updating the Sky View with the satellites position in the Constellations tab
  • show the deviation between the simulated position and the receiver’s position in the Deviation tab

Can you specify what exactly you would like Skydel to do with the RTCM3 data?

Regards,
Mathieu

1 Like

ZF Confidential

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for the detailed answer.

I want skydel to parse RTCM3 data so that we can see the deviation between simulated and receivers position. This is the requirement from our project. But as I can understand from your answer it can only parse NMEA sentences. Do you have a workaround for my question?

Regards,

Mahesh.

~WRD0001.jpg

Hi @mac21,

You can already see the deviation between the simulated and receiver positions in the Deviation tab once you connected your receiver to Skydel. Skydel will compare the simulated position to the position found in the NMEA data sent by the receiver.

I am unsure why the RTCM sentences would be required for this, could you explain in more details?

Regards,
Mathieu

Hi @mathieu.favreau

Okay understood. Can you please share the details about how skydel parses NMEA streams. If possible,can i get the codebase of NMEA parsing?

The reason i am asking this is I am currently creating custom NMEA senteces in CAPL script and will send it via seria port to GSG7. So for this purpose i need the information about NMEA parsing.

Hi @mac21,

We support NMEA 0183 up to version 4.10, the sentences required by Skydel to compute the Deviation are RMC and GGA. I sadly can’t share the code, nor the spec since you have to buy it to have access to it.

You can get more information about the standard from Wikipedia:

Regards,
Mathieu