Generating Gaussian white noise on pseudorange measurements

Hi, I am currently involved in simulating various GNSS positioning scenarios, and my team has had trouble figuring out how to use the software to simulate gaussian white noise on raw pseudorange measurements. We have played around with some of the settings on the Gauss-Markov tab on the error modelling for instance, but so far we’ve only been able to generate highly time correlated error trends that are extremely smooth, regardless of what amplitude we choose for the error. The only other setting related to the error shape is the time constant, which at this point we’ve used small values (a few seconds) for. I’m sure there must be an effective way to generate white noise and then allow atmospheric errors to induce a temporally correlated trend on top of that noise, so what are we missing? Is there a range of settings we should be using, or is there some functionality that we’re missing entirely?

Hello, could you contact us at SimulationSupport@orolia.com? The smallest time constant that can be currently set with the Gauss-Markov Process is 1 s. If you want a smaller correlation time, this is something our engineering team will need to implement in a future release. I can get this feature request submitted to our engineering team for you, but the product management team who determines development priority will want to know more about who is requesting this, the use case, and more about the industry you work in.

1 Like