Sampling interval

Hello @Grace
I have two questions regarding skydel.

1- We would like to lower sampling interval for the simulation to be something like 5 second or 30 seconds. Currently I am working on “None” mode because of GPU limitation.

2- I set the time duration to 3 hours in “None” mode. However, when I converted the csv files to observations RINEX files using the convertor I got the result for just 1 hour and 59 seconds in the resulted RINEX observation file, any idea?

1 Like

Hi @alqurask,

for question 1, are you referring to the RINEX Logging sampling interval? For now in Skydel we have fixed values ​​for RINEX Logging sampling rate, see the user manual Rinex. About the Rinex Observation tool, I believe it is a limitation of the python script which must be modified. I’ll get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Regards

Hi @alqurask,

I was able to correct the Python script and run a 3 hours simulation in “None” mode. I got a correct RINEX observation file. Please find the latest version of the tool here: link.

Regards,
Grace

1 Like

Thanks @Grace for your reply.

the python script works fine , Thanks.

my first question is about sampling interval , in the observation file the observation time between two epoch is not integer. Can we make it like 0:0:0, then 0:0:5 etc I am talking about (Hours,Minutes,Second) in the observation file. We would like our observation to be every 5 second or every 30 seconds as an integer number like 0:0:5 or 0:0:30

Is this something we can set in the skydel simulation ?

Best

Hi @alqurask,

You’re welcome! Thank you for the clarification.

Indeed, the python script takes the time interval defined by the Skydel raw logging sample rate. For now, there are only 3 possible rates for raw looging in Skydel: 10Hz, 100 Hz and 1000 Hz.
And we have set the script to a sample rate of 10Hz which is the default rate for the raw logging feature.

But what you want to do can be done indirectly. You can generate your normal raw logging files (with the default rate for example). Then, the files should be processed (with a Python or Matlab script) and only keep the data corresponding to your desired interval (5s or 30s). So you will have new raw logging data with custom interval.
Next, you will need to make changes to the converter python script to make it work with your custom interval.

Or it is possible to modify the python script of the converter so that it can only take the data corresponding to a step of 5s or 30s.

Please let me know if you would like help regarding this approach and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards